The 4 main types of cost related to letterbox distribution
The total expense of a typical letterbox distribution usually consists of 4 types of cost.
1. Design cost:
The cost of design usually free or low. Also, companies often have their own leaflet design used only once throughout many distributions.
- Free templates: Many companies choose a free template available at their printer, what they could edit according to their needs.
- Unique design:
However, established companies with larger budgets usually choose to have their leaflets designed professionally from scratch than it could cost anything between £40-£300 depending on their specifications.
Many printers offer leaflet design services in order to cater the needs of their customers.
b) Leaflet Designers:
There are also websites where you can have a contest among many freelance designers and select the best one.
99designs – https://99designs.co.uk
2. Printing cost:
Printing cost can depend on many factors:
- Printing companies: The cost of printing can vary significantly between printing companies. However, the cheapest printing companies are not always the best. We have had customers reporting that they have received substandard quality leaflets from their cheap printers and often after long delays. Therefore, it is worth checking the customers reviews of printing companies before selecting the right one.
- Quantity: You can get significant savings, if you order larger quantities.
- Size: Very thick, bulky leaflets (300gsm or more) cost significantly more than thinner budget leaflets (150 gsm or less)
We can recommend for your printing needs the companies below based on what our customers used before
Instant Print – https://www.instantprint.co.uk/
Solopress – https://www.solopress.com
Vista Print – http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/
Yellow Print Shop – https://yellowprintshop.co.uk/
3. Transportation cost:
- Printing company:
Printing companies often charge additional transportation cost, especially on smaller quantity orders and if the customer located far away from them.
- Letterbox distribution companies:
Letterbox distribution companies also could charge an additional fee for leaflet collection. In order to avoid this cost and save time and hassle, it is better to have your leaflets delivered directly from your printer to your leaflet distributor.
4. Distribution cost:
The main cost of distribution is the letterbox distribution, as this part is the most labor-intensive. It takes 4-6 hours to distribute 1000 leaflets depending on the household density and other distribution specifications.
- Solus distribution: It is the expensive option. Solus option means that your leaflet is delivered alone to your targeted area. Hence, it usually achieves higher response rate comparing to shared distribution and any specific area can be covered at the first availability. The price for Solus distribution ranges between £48-70+VAT/1000 leaflets depending on household density, quantity and the size of leaflet.
- Shared distribution: Shared option means that your leaflets are delivered with other non-competing leaflets. It is cheaper the cheapest option, however it usually achieves lower response rate than Solus option and it also requires area and time flexibility. Therefore, it is recommended to companies, which cover large areas and their distribution is not time-sensitive, as it could take long time to find another company to share the cost with. The price for Shared distribution ranges between £30-45+VAT/1000 leaflets depending on household density of the area, quantity and the size of leaflet.
Finally, you can read more details about the different letterbox distribution options at https://gateleafletdistribution.co.uk/leaflet-delivery-option-choose/
Please, contact us on [email protected] to get a quote for your letterbox distribution within London.